Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Conner's Review: Goosebumps: Don't Scream by R.L.Stine


                       Title: Goosebumps: Don't Scream
            Series: Hall of Horrors # 5
Author: R. L. Stine
   Publisher: Scholastic
                 Publication Date: Jan.1, 2012
                             Source: library, paperback, 160 pages

Welcome to the Hall of Horrors, HorrorLand's Hall of Fame for the truly terrifying.
Jack Harmon finds a cell phone on the school bus. He raises the phone to his ear and hears a girl's voice: "Hi, Jack. Don't scream. I've been waiting for you. I'm your new friend." Jack thinks it's a joke. He tries to end the call, then turn the phone off, but the girl's voice won't go away: "Don't make me angry, Jack. I'm warning you." Jack is puzzled and a little frightened. He must obey her every wish. She appears in all sorts of electronic devices-he can't escape her. "Don't scream, Jack. I'm just a voice. But you're going to be my body." She begins to force him to do dangerous things like stealing a laptop from school. But Jack finally outwits the voice when she jumps into his wristwatch. The school bully has been after that watch all year, so Jack finally lets him have it.
-goodreads summary
Conner:  I really liked this book because of a lot of reasons.  One, it is a Goosebumps book and we are huge collectors of this series.   
I also liked this story because the boy in the story, Jack, finds a cell phone and hears a ghostly voice on it talking to him.  I can really relate to this book because I was walking with my Nana one day and I found a cell phone in the grass too.  
Of course no one mysterious talked to me on it but what if?  
I liked his little sister who likes macaroni and cheese.  She reminded me of my little brother who is crazy about mac and cheese too.  
This book isn't as scary as the other R. L. Stine books I have read.  I wasn't scared once reading  this.  
I would have to give this story five smiley faces!  

No comments:

Post a Comment