Friday, June 8, 2012

Freebie Friday Review: Don't Juggle Bees! And Other Useless Advice for Silly Children by Gerald Hawksley

Freebie Friday Review


I decided to introduce this neat meme here as well at my more mature blog.  Amazon puts a lot of amazing books at discounted or free prices for a limited time.  You could go through pages and pages to find something that you thought interested you, or you could do what I do and just subscribe to that neat little website, Pixel of Ink-Young Edition.  They do all the hard work for you and it's free.  You can like them on Facebook and they will update throughout the week (and sometimes the day) of free books that are offered at Amazon.  The only think is you need to have a Kindle or Kindle reading apps to take part in these deals.

Our first ever Freebie Friday Review is over:

Publisher/Publishing Date:  CreateSpace-March 28, 2012
Source: ebook; Amazon

I read this to all four of my boys, ages 8 to 3 years old, and everyone(including myself) laughed our heads off.  It is a fun rhyming silly story that no matter what your age, you can't help but smile at.  
It is written as a "Do and Don't " way, explaining us things we should do and things we should most definitely not do.  
This story is simply put: funny.  It lets you just let go and laugh with your kids at some of the antics in the book.  Those are the best kind, especially, when you can just stop and smile at the funny things.   Here are some of our favorite quotes from the book:

"Do be happy when you smile Don't share your bath with a crocodile."( not sure the page number but this was 22%)
So if you want to just have some fun and just laugh with your kids then this is the book you need to get.
After much consideration, the boys and I have decided to give this 5 smiley faces!





3 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I will have to read this to my girls. Thanks so much for introducing it to me, I had not heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fun picture books. I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for following me. I'm following both of your blogs. I'm very envious. I wish my sons were readers. The younger one is, but mostly likes non-fiction. Can't tell you how it breaks my heart to have my kids tell me some of my favorites books from my childhood are lame and boring.

    ReplyDelete