Sunday, June 3, 2012

Conner's Review: 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan

Title: The 39 Clues
                      The Maze of Bones
Author: Rick Riordan
Publisher: Scholastic Press
September 1, 2008

Goodreads Summary:
Minutes before she died Grace Cahill changed her will, leaving her decendants an impossible decision: You have a choice - one million dollars or a clue.
Grace is the last matriarch of the Cahills, the world's most powerful family. Everyone from Napoleon to Houdini is related to the Cahills, yet the source of the family power is lost. 39 clues hidden around the world will reveal the family's secret, but no one has been able to assemble them. Now the clues race is on, and young Amy and Dan must decide what's important: hunting clues or uncovering what REALLY happened to their parents.

Conner's Review:
The cover is very cool, especially because I love skeletons.  You can tell someone put a lot of work in making the design of the covers work with the clues in the book.
Another really awesome thing about the series is it is a game as well.  You get these trading cards inside the front part of the book that has different clues on them.   I haven't went to the website and signed up yet to play the game but I am really looking forward to doing that.  
I liked this story a lot!  The main characters, Amy and Dan Cahill, are pretty cool.  I liked that the names because my mom and Papa have those exact names too.  
I could relate to a little bit of what the brother/sister team had to go through.  I love solving mysteries and there is a lot of that in this story.  I got to read about different weapons, secret passageways, and of course, skeletons!  
There is a few people that are always trying to get in Amy and Dan's way, and this got to be irritating to me.  
Other than that, I have to say I really loved this book!  The fact that it is also a game, makes it even more exciting.  
I cannot wait to go online and get started on my own adventure!
I give this book 5 smiley faces!






No comments:

Post a Comment