Friday, April 20, 2012

Anthony's Take: The Night of Living Dummy







I recently read R.L. Stine's The Night of the Living Dummy, and I have to say I like it!

It's about two sisters named Linda and Kris Powell who share the same room.  Linda finds a dummy in the trash and decides to keep it and name it Slappy.  Kris gets jealous of the prize she finds and really wants her own dummy.  So their dad, Mr. Powell, finds Kris her own dummy at an antique shop and brings it home.  Kris decides to name it Mr. Wood.  Then strange happenings begin to take place around their home.  For example, Kris gets up to get a drink of water and wakes Linda up; as Linda is falling back to sleep she hears her sister scream.  She dashes down the stairs and finds the refrigerator has been dumped out completely, and Mr. Wood is sitting in the middle of the mess with a piece of chicken on his lap.
The two dummies are a good find in the beginning but now are starting to become a nightmare for the two sisters.

It's not very scary to me and I am 8 years old but it could be a little frightening for someone younger than me.  I would recommend this book for both boys and girls.
If I had to rate this I would have to say: four thumbs up!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to read more RL Stine. Thanks for the review! I'll have to go read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They are cute books that has helped my sons "toughen" up and not be so frightened of everything. Thank you so much for commenting and following!

      Delete